Does your service work with people experiencing or using abuse in an intimate or family relationship or with people who have experienced sexual assault?
Are your primary operations in a NSW area outside of Sydney?
Are you interested in FREE training and consultancy support to ensure you are providing a best practice, inclusive service to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community?
ACON is seeking expressions of interest from organisations who want to improve the way they work with the LGBTQ community.
LGBTQ people are as likely as women in the general population to experience domestic and family violence (DFV), yet evidence shows that when LGBTQ people experience DFV and sexual assault, they are unlikely to access mainstream services. Those who do access mainstream services tell us that the services often don’t meet their needs.
What is on offer?
A one-year partnership between one service in Regional NSW and ACON: NSW’s leading LGBTQ specialist service for domestic and family violence in LGBTQ relationships.
This package includes free consultation with ACON including:
- Whole of service review
- Two full days of training for all staff of the service
- Assistance with policy and procedural development
- Guidance with intake and assessment processes
- Resource development
The intention is for your service and ACON to work together to ensure the whole service is better equipped to understand and meet LGBTQ people’s particular needs.
Through this partnership your service will be able to:
- Ensure staff are provided with appropriate training and ongoing support in the delivery of best practice family and domestic violence services for LGBTQ people in relationships
- Work with ACON to review all policy, procedures and guidelines, from intake to exit, to ensure that the unique needs of the LGBTQ community are met. There will be a particular focus on safety, inclusive language and appropriate engagement
- Establish strong, stable, sustainable referrals to enhance availability of support services for LGBTQ communities
- Enhance your data collection methods to include best practice gender and sexuality indicators. Capturing the number of LGBTQ clients presenting and the reasons for accessing services. This is vital for the development of appropriate and sensitive approaches to LGBTQ DFV and contributing to the overall evidence base
To apply for this capacity building partnership, please complete the application form below and SUBMIT by 20 June 2019.
For questions please contact:
Eloise from ACON on 9206 2067 or firstname.lastname@example.org