Are you in healthy relationship?
No relationship is perfect because no person is perfect, no person will always be healthy and no relationship will always be healthy. Every relationship will have stress at times, but you want to prevent prolonged mental and emotional stress on either member of the relationship. Overall, a healthy relationship is one which will bring you more happiness than stress into your life – the rewards should outweigh the hard times.
If you are not sure if your relationship is good for you, or if it needs to be improved,, take the quiz below. It is designed to get you thinking about your relationship, it is not designed to give you a definitive answer as to whether or not your relationship is good for you.
Can we make this interactive? Where the questions pop up one at a time and leads to one of the answers below? If not we can leave it as a list but can we make the boxes empty where you can add a tick or a cross?
All the time…
- I feel like I can be my true self around my partner without fear of judgement
- My partner doesn’t expect me to be perfect
- I feel like I have privacy and space when I need it
- I feel safe around my partner
- I am free to have friendships outside of the relationship
- I choose to be in this relationship
- I can tell them how I am feeling without fear of repercussions
Most of the time…
- They admit when they are wrong and apologise when necessary
- It feels good to be in the relationship
- We get over arguments fairly quickly
- They try for me and our relationship
- I feel listened to and my partner tries to understand
- I am sexually satisfied
- We do things together that we enjoy
- I am encouraged to do the things that I want to do separate from our relationship
If you answered all ‘yes’ in the ‘all the time’ section and mostly ‘yes’ in the ‘most of the time’ section, than maybe your relationship could help others, learn how on this page
If you answered a few ‘no’s’ in the ‘most of the time’ section and would like tips on how to improve your relationship, go to this page
If you answered ‘no’ in any of the ‘all the time’ section and feel as though you could be in an abusive relationship, go to this page