Are you afraid of your partner? This is a sign of Domestic Violence.
Does your partner:
- Humiliate you – call you names, put you down, make you feel guilty?
- Threaten you with violence or hit, kick, strangle or throw things at you?
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to?
- Threaten to “out” you to your family or work?
- Have sudden outbursts of anger?
- Control your money – make you ask for money or make you support them?
- Use your children, friends or family to blackmail you?
- Act over protective and become jealous for no reason?
- Hurt your pets?
- Force you to have sex or engage in acts that you are not comfortable with?
What is the Project?
The aim of the Safe Relationships Project (SRP) is to provide men and women who are experiencing domestic violence in Same Sex relationships with support, advocacy, referral and information.
The Safe Relationships Project can assist clients in accessing legal representation and to apply for Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVO) or Apprehended Personal Violence Orders (APVO) to help put an end to the violence they are experiencing.
This is available to ensure that a person’s right to safety is protected through the legal process no matter what their sexual orientation is.
Where does the Project operate?
We are located at the Inner City Legal Centre in Kings Cross and have outreach services at some Local Courts across Sydney. We can also provide telephone support to people living outside of Sydney.
Your legal records will be kept at Inner City Legal Centre.
The Safe Relationships Project (SRP) can help you with going to Court and applying for an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO). To make an appointment please call (02) 9332 1966 or 1800 244 481. You can also email us at email@example.com.