Does your organisation want to be regarded as an expert in LGBTQ inclusion in the DFV sector?
Do you want to contribute to innovative work done in this space?
ACON is Australia’s largest HIV and sexuality and gender diverse health organisation. We are seeking one domestic violence service in each state to join our national project, providing your organisation with the opportunity to be a state leader in working with LGBTQ* people who have or are experiencing sexual, domestic and family violence (SDFV).
ACON has been funded by the Department of Social Services to expand our Say It Out Loud website to be national, with state specific information and referrals and updated content and tools.
Through a partnership model, ACON will build the capacity of mainstream SDFV services to be better equipped to work with LGBTQ clients. In return, this service will be leaders in their state or territory, regularly updating the state specific information on the Say It Out Loud website, hosting communities of practice in your home-state and being our primary referral and information source for LGBTQ people in your area. If your service is selected for the partnership ACON will:
- Offer your service consultancy and capacity building support including:
- A whole of service review for inclusive practices
- 2 days training for up to 25 staff
- Assistance with policy and procedural development
- Guidance with intake and assessment processes
- Assistance to build referral pathways with LGBTQ services
- Support your service to build capacity to have subject matter expertise in responding to the needs of LGBTQ communities in your state
- Support you to develop LGBTQ SDFV communities of practice in your state
- Keep you updated on the latest research, information and policy changes
- Provide funding to cover the cost to your service of collecting, developing and updating state specific web content
We ask that your service, with support from ACON:
- Be willing to update your policies, procedures, forms and resources
- Ensure that your staff are available to participate in training
- Engage in regular meetings with ACON and other national partners
- Establish LGBTQ SDFV communities of practice in your state
- Build and maintain partnerships with LGBTQ services and community groups in your state or territory
- Source and provide state specific content for the Say It Out Loud website
This project will be rolled out in stages however we are currently taking applications from all states and territories outside of New South Wales, with the exception of Victoria. For more information about this process please contact us directly.
If you would like more information about this national partnership project, or if you have any questions related to this expression of interest, please contact Annaliese Constable on 02 9206 2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer.
To apply to be the selected service in your state, please fill out this form below. Applications close COB 13 September 2019: