What we use these stories for:
- To help in developing our community awareness campaign
- As a resource for domestic violence and health workers, counsellors and others who work in the area of domestic and family violence
- As a resource for LGBTIQ communities to help build understanding of the issue and to help those people experiencing abuse to see it in their own relationships and offer them hope
- To provide real experiences to the media when they write about DFV.
Please consider your well-being when writing your story. We understand that it may be difficult to write about your experiences of abuse, it may be distressing or triggering. If you need counselling or support please contact one of these services:
1800RESPECT Helpline: 1800 737 732
Information and support for anyone in Australia experiencing DFV or sexual assault 24 hours/day, 7 days/ week.
QLIFE: 1800 184 527
Free telephone and web based counselling, referrals and support for LGBTI people and their families, 3:00pm – 12:00am 365/year.
- We ask you to change the names and details that may identify anyone in the story.
- We reserve the right to edit the story for consistency, language, identifying details, grammar and length. We won’t alter the meaning of your story.
- We will show you any changes we make to the story.
- You have the right to withdraw your story at any time or to change any part of the story.