Open Doors Youth Service (ODYS) is a specialist service supporting LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy young people across South-East Queensland. Alongside young people and specialists across education and health, Open Doors Youth Service has developed a series of professional development opportunities.
Open Doors Youth Service has developed training to support organisations and individuals to provide culturally responsive services and support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex, Queer, Asexual, Pansexual, Sistergirl and Brotherboy (LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl & Brotherboy) young people, communities, and their families (chosen, or otherwise).
This interactive training utilises current research to provide an introduction to trauma-responsive care and LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy affirming practice.
• Key Constructs - LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl and brotherboy histories, identities, cultures, and language
• Frameworks for Understanding Marginalised Experiences
• Trauma and Mental-Ill Health - The data and growing up LGBTIQP+ Sistergirl and Brotherboy in Australia
• Creating affirming environments and providing trauma-responsive care
• Transforming knowledge into practice – reflective practice and case scenarios
For further information, please contact Nikki Whitmore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3257 7660.
Find out more
||26 September, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
||Open Doors Youth Service
||5 Green Square Close Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006