New #StrongSafeFabulous poster series and website
#StrongSafeFabulous has launched a new website with a loads of resources for supporting families with LGBTIQA+ people in them including a poster series by Amy Blue.
At #StrongSafeFabulous we believe that all families have a right to live a life free from violence! And we believe that everyone in the community can take actions to make the world safer for LGBTIQA+ people, by addressing the attitudes and social norms that lead to violence. What can we do?
- Support our friends and families to fully embrace LGBTIQA+ children and family members,
- Make your home, friendship circle and relationships safe and consensual places,
- Support positive, equal and respectful LGBTIQA+ relationships and communities,
- Promote pride in our bodies, identities, families and relationships,
- Raise awareness and community capability to respond to violence.
The #StrongSafeFabulous website hosts resources for parents and carers, allies, schools, pre-schools, kids, young people, workplaces and more! There are tip-sheets, training videos, posters, colouring in sheets, safety guides, a social media action toolkit and much more.
Come explore the website on https://strongsafefabulous.online/, discover the resources there. Please print them out, use them and share them!
#StrongSafeFabulous has been developed by Prosper (Project Australia) in partnership with Rainbow Families NSW to support the prevention of domestic & family violence, and child abuse in LGBTIQA+ families. #StrongSafeFabulous is informed by Our Watch’s Change the Story, the Australian national prevention of violence against women framework, and Rainbow Health Victoria’s Pride In Prevention.