Do you want to take part in the Pave The Way Campaign?
Do you want to be a part of a campaign celebrating older LGBTQ+ people?
ACON is designing a national campaign in support of, and in solidarity with older LGBTQ+ community members.
You can find all of the detailed information about the purpose of this campaign below, but to get an idea of what this kind of campaign can look like, take a look at our previous Solidarity and Connection campaign, which celebrates and shows solidarity with trans women.
If you’d like to be part of a campaign like this celebrating older LGBTQ+ people, now’s your chance.
We are looking for groups of people who care about each other. Each group of people needs to have a minimum of one person who is 50 or over and part of the LGBTQ+ community. Everyone else in the group can be any age, gender, or sexuality! You can have between 2 to 4 people in a group.
If you are an LGBTQ+ artist who is 50 or older, we are also seeking artists to illustrate this campaign!
The campaign features groups of people, you may be romantic partners, friends, colleagues, family etc- so if you are interested talk to your group.
We are looking for messages like:
- Older LGBTQ+ people are inspiring, resilient and important to the rich LGBTQ+ history and our future.
- Older LGBTQ+ people are fun, fabulous and kind people.
- Older LGBTQ+ people bring diverse lived experiences to our communities.
- Older LGBTQ+ people are good role models to younger LGBTQ+ people.
- Older LGBTQ+ people bring experience and wisdom that can be shared.
If you resonate with any of these messages or similar ones we’d love to have you in our campaign.
If everyone in your group is interested, each person needs to submit an EOI application, telling us about your relationship and celebrating older LGBTQ+ people.
- If your EOI is accepted, ACON will work with an artist to transform the photo you have provided into a beautiful artwork, and to use some of your words in the image as well.
- You will get to see the artwork and approve it before we publish.
- You can use a made-up name if you aren’t comfortable using your own name (in the name question below just provide us with the name you want to be displayed with the campaign).
Apply now! There are more details below.